Q: Transmission problem?

My mazda 2004 tribute will reverse but will not drive forward. When I apply the gas the RPMS go up but there is no movement. My car is an automatic. I haven't noticed a heavier gas consumption, and yes it does start up as normal. I have tried Checking the transmission fluid, its a hard read though because I cant run drive my car around

What you are describing is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.