Q: My light switches seems to be leaking electricity

Hi. I have a fiat Brava (made in 2001 but the option was not available as well as the 1.2 16v motor)

My problem is that it seems that my light switches are leaking. All the light that are controlled by door closing/opening turned on 0/24. It's only that with halogen bulbs, it was not visible at all, but with leds, they are pretty bright. I do not know if it is in connection with the main problem, I just wrote it down.

The main problem is that when I turn on the small lights, (first option on the lever, W5W bulbs), one of the dimmed headlights is fully on and the other is dim, but on. When I actually select the dimmed headlights and after that, turn on the high beams (reflectors) one of the dimmed headlights is on, and after turning off the high beams and the dimmed headlights and only choosing the w5w lights, both of the dimmed headlights stayes on. I can select the w5w lights with a small button by the ignition keyhole, and then happens all the same as with the lever.

Thank you

Hi there. Typically when lights are not as bright as they should be, it’s caused by a main electrical relay that is faulty and needs to be replaced. It’s also possible that there is a parasitic electrical drain coming from an open circuit somewhere that is causing this issue. A onsite electrical inspection by a professional mobile mechanic might give you better ideas as to the root source of this problem.

3. My light switches seems to be leaking electricity