Q: My Lexus 2003 e300 runs fot10 minutes when I start it in the morning but then the rpms go down to zero and I have to drive with tw

My car runs for ten minutes in the morning then afterwards die out. I have to hold my foot on accelerater in order to stay running

Hi there. I’ve encountered this condition multiple times while working at the Lexus dealer. What I have found in these instances is that the idle air control valve is sticking. This valve is located under the throttle body, has a gasket, and has coolant running through it as well. Over time, the valve does get contamination buildup and can stick. I have attempted cleaning the valve with limited success using carb cleaners and the like. However, the most successful and reliable repair for this condition is to replace the idle air control valve. YourMechanic has several technicians available to assist you with an idle inspection and idle air control valve replacement.

3. My Lexus 2003 e300 runs fot10 minutes when I start it in the morning but then the rpms go down to zero and I have to drive with tw