Q: My left brake light does not work when the running lights are on.

When I have my lights on, and press my brakes my right brake light does not work. If I have lights completely off, as in during the day my brake light works.

The quickest, and easiest, way to handle this would be to try changing the bulbs on the right side. A lot of times this will fix the issue. If not, a certified mechanic will need to perform some diagnostics to figure out where the problem is located.

It could be a failed switch, a wiring issue, or any number of other possibilities. If you need help identifying the issue with your brake light and repairing the issue, YourMechanic.com offers several options. They have trained mechanics that can come to your home, or place of business, and perform the diagnosis and repairs for you.