Q: my key stuck in the ignition. What should I do?

Dear Your Mechanic, I really hope that you can help me out with this stuck key in my car's ignition. I tried several times to move the steer, and the key but it didn't work out. I wonder why this is happening?Is it relatable to the computer of my car or the ignition become rust? Please let me know what I should do. Thank you so much.

Hi there. It’s very likely that the key is stuck possibly because the ignition is binding or the shift interlock has a problem. The vehicle will need diagnosed for ignition switch, linkage or the shift interlock problem. I recommend you have a mechanic, like ones from YourMechanic, inspect your ignition and key issue.

3. my key stuck in the ignition. What should I do?