Q: My Jeep started fine. I adjusted the tilt steering. The airbag light came on but it continued to run fine. Shut Jeep off and would not start again

I started my Jeep with no problem at all. While driving it the lever for the tilt steering dropped allowing the steering wheel to drop (it has done this since I have owned it). So just like every time before I pushed the steering wheel back up and pushed the lever back up. But this time there was an alert sound and the airbag light came on and stayed on. I continued to drive to my destination which was about 3 miles with no problem at all. When I went to start it again it would not turn over. The lights and gauges all worked, but when I turned the key there was nothing. It would roll over if you cranked it at the starter, but it would not start. I think something went wrong in the steering column, but I do not know what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. My Jeep started fine. I adjusted the tilt steering. The airbag light came on but it continued to run fine. Shut Jeep off and would not start again