Q: my Jeep has been making a strange squeal sound when i go from park to like 2nd gear.

Hello,

THe last week or so. Each time i star to drive my car, right around 2nd gear it makes a strange squeak or squeal sound. On only makes it for a second and don't do it again unless i stop at a light or just stop in general.

Hello - there are probably only 2 choices for the source of your squeal. First - and the easiest/least expensive - is a slipping accessory/serpentine belt. Replace the serpentine belt - AND the tensioner. The extra revs at the 1-2 shift put the greatest load on this belt. The second possibility - less likely thankfully, is a slipping clutch or belt IN the transmission. If changing the accessory belt and tensioner do not eliminate the squeal, have your transmission fluid and filter changed. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairsSee a reputable transmission shop help if the fluid and filter change are not successful.

• my Jeep has been making a strange squeal sound when i go from park to like 2nd gear.