Q: My jaguar s-type has steering liquid leak. When you top up with ATF all the noise goes away and the vehicle is drive-able. But th

my jaguar s-type has steering liquid leak. When you top up with ATF the vehicle is drive-able. But when parked for long periods the ATF leaks out completely. What could be the problem?

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Jaguar S-Type. This is a common problem with power steering pumps. Over time, they can develop leaks for a variety of reasons such as bad gaskets, leaking hoses, or excessive pressure in the system. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the leak firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.

• My jaguar s-type has steering liquid leak. When you top up with ATF all the noise goes away and the vehicle is drive-able. But th