Q: I had smoke come out my passenger side vents.

My drive to work is 20 minutes. After driving with the heat on 3/4 power with the heat turned up all the way. 4-5 minutes had passed and i started to smell burning rubber. I thought it was just coming from a car in front of me. So i ignored and kept driving and got on the highway, after probably another 10 minutes, the smell still stayed and worsened. After coming to a complete stop after getting off the highway i accelerated back up to about 20 mph, and thin/thick smoke started to come out the vents. i quickly pulled over and turned off the air and opened the windows. I popped the hood and seen nothing wrong, my coolant level was good and couldn't see anything physically wrong. The car was off after i pulled it over. After checking to see if anything was i turned the car back on and proceeded to go to work. I am curious as to what i can do to fix this problem or what you think the problem is. I have not used the heat again other than to see if the smell is gone in which it isn't.

A: It is possible one of he electrical compone...

It is possible one of he electrical components behind the dash cover may have experienced a short an burned out and the result smoke was carried though the air vents. Shorts can come around from damaged or faulted wiring or a faulted device shorting out. Consider a trip to your local dealer as the vehicle does still have pretty low miles and the repair may be covered under warranty. The dealer is best equipped with brand trained technicians, parts and access to technical service bulletins.