Q: My interior A/C, heater fan doesn't work

Two or three time a week, the engine dies when I apply the brakes very hard while I'm on a surface street. When I restart it, the engine does fine at first. Also, the air filter was replaced recently and I had the oil changed the same day. There had been a hole in the master cylinder, so the mechanic replaced that too. What do you think the problem is?

The first thing to check, is to see if when you press the brake with the engine idling and is in park or neutral whether the engine runs rough or you hear a hissing noise under the dash. If you do, then the brake booster is leaking into the engine vacuum and will cause the engine to stall. When the master cylinder was replaced maybe the seal on the booster did not seal or the brake booster is leaking. Either way have the mechanic that did the master cylinder check his work to see if it was something he did. If you need a second opinion or would like to have this checked by an outside source, then have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your AC system for you.