Q: My idler pulley went on my Subaru outback so I bought the kit replaced everything now when I try too set the timing up my cam pull

My idler pulley went on my Subaru outback so I bought the kit replaced everything now when I try too set the timing up my cam pully keeps knocking my drive train pulley off mark is this normal

When installing the timing belt you should have all three top marks aligned after tensioner is tight. You might not have the top part of belt tight enough when installing belt on pulleys. Sometimes turning both cams outward to check belt is aligned and top of belt is tight before tightening tensioner.

• My idler pulley went on my Subaru outback so I bought the kit replaced everything now when I try too set the timing up my cam pull