Q: My husbands 2008 jetta battery keeps dying he says radio stays on even when he takes out key

Husbands jettas battery has been dying. .he says radio stays on after he takes key out.

A: It sounds like you have the radio connected...

It sounds like you have the radio connected wrong or a short in the electrical system. The radio may not be the only component getting power with the key off, and these components being on will drain the battery within a few hours or less. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to conduct electrical testing to determine the exact cause of your battery issue.

Recommended services
Get a Quote