Q: My husband put 10 dixie cups in the coolant reservoir. How can I get it out and how much will it cost to have it flushed out

How can I get the coolant reservoir flushed out? My husband accidentally put window cleaner in the coolant reservoir.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Flushing the cooling system is not terribly difficult. If you have sockets, and are able to raise the vehicle on jack stands, you can drain the fluid from the system. It involves removing the radiator cap, and removing the bottom radiator hose. The fluid will flow out from here on its own, so be ready to catch the fluid in a funnel or large container. You can then run water through the system to help flush it out if you feel the need. If the vehicle was run with the washer fluid in the cooling system, you will want to run the system with water in it to flush out the water passages in the engine. For help and more information about flushing the system, contact our service department.

3. My husband put 10 dixie cups in the coolant reservoir. How can I get it out and how much will it cost to have it flushed out