Q: my high beams wont go on

when I switch to high beam, the lights go off. low beams are okay. Is it possible for both lights to burn at the same time?

My truck has 350 miles.
My truck has an automatic transmission.

3. my high beams wont go on

Q: Q: Fuel pump

This may happen when the fuel pump is working intermittently or not maintaining the proper fuel pressure. This may also be related partially to the fuel pressure regulator which helps to maintain the proper fuel pressure throughout the system. When...

Q: I use my turn signal and my brights come on

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Your turn signal and high beams are working on the same switch. If you push the switch up and down, it activates the turn signals. If you move the switch in towards you, it...

Q: What motor / transmission do I have?

Hi and thanks for your question. Your 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 could have the the LMG series 5.3L vortec engine or the LMF series 5.3L vortec engine with Active Fuel Management (AFM). The difference is that the LMF series increases...