Q: my high beams wont go on

when I switch to high beam, the lights go off. low beams are okay. Is it possible for both lights to burn at the same time?

My truck has 350 miles.
My truck has an automatic transmission.

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The high beam light bulbs could absolutely fail at the same time. Its just highly unlikely unless there was a reason for them to blow. A reason such as a voltage spike. To start, you want to turn your attention to the components in which both head light circuits have in common. These are the fuse, and the switch. The fuses are the easiest to check and you should begin with that step. Secondly you may need to test the supply of power to the switch. The headlights and high beams should always have power available, as the switch controls the ground connection. If you are not familiar with this kind of testing, you may want professional help. Start with checking the fuses and make sure is not something that simple before complicating it.