Q: My hazardous light won't turn off.

My car battery died but when I installed a new battery. The hazardous light wouldn't turn off. Any solutions?

Often times the hazards are connected to the alarm system. Most cars alarm system can be reset in one of two ways. The first way is unlocking and locking either the drivers door, passengers door, or trunk two or three times in a row. The second way is by disconnecting the battery, turning the ignition key to the run position and then reconnecting the battery.

If this doesn’t work, and it is just the hazards that are malfunctioning, you will need to diagnose the hazards independently of the other systems. Your Saab, however, utilizes the BCM (body control module) to run the hazards. The BCM controls the alarm as well. If the car won’t start and the hazards are flashing, it is very likely an alarm issue. I recommend having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your electrical system in order to pinpoint what needs to be done.

3. My hazardous light won't turn off.