Q: My gas tank (where I open the lidoor and actually put the gas pump in) is literally detached from the car.

I open the gas lid and where I put the gas is, not the tank its self but the neck and whathe not is not longer attached to the car. I see a wire hanging loose and it looks like some plastic is busted. Not sure what to do.

You will need to replace the plastic retainer for the fuel fill pipe. Have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the gas cap and order all the necessary parts. They will also help you install it. The mechanic may be able to get the fill pipe into a position so that you can get fueled up while the parts are being ordered from the dealer. Good luck.

• My gas tank (where I open the lidoor and actually put the gas pump in) is literally detached from the car.