Q: My fuel pump is internal. Must it be replaced in a shop. Cost estimate?

The fuel pump is internal. Must it be replaced in a shop because it has to be on a lift. Cost and time estimates? Worth it for a 16 year old car?

Hi there. Although your fuel pump might be in the fuel tank, this does not mean it must be completed in a shop with a lift. A mobile mechanic can complete this service, as long as they have the right tools and equipment to drop the fuel tank and complete the replacement. We’re not able to give you an estimate on a shop repair, but you can request a quote to replace the fuel pump by one of our mechanics. You can also contact local repair shops to provide you with an estimate. In regards to value, if the cost of the repair is more than 50% of the overall value of your Lumina, it is probably a good idea to replace the vehicle.

• My fuel pump is internal. Must it be replaced in a shop. Cost estimate?