Q: My fuel gauge stays way past full and never moves no matter how much fuel I have

My fuel gauge stays way past full and never moves no matter how much fuel I have or if the switch is on or off never moves just stays way past full what's wrong

This is a problem likely related to your fuel tank sending unit. The fuel gauge sending unit is a small float type component (or sensor) inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, this change is detected and relayed in the form of a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your vehicle.

3. My fuel gauge stays way past full and never moves no matter how much fuel I have