Q: My front passenger seatbelt wont release. I've allowed it to fully retract. I've taken off panels the belt is not twisted 1997 Mercury Sable

I have had this issue "fixed" by several people. They all said the belt was twisted. It was never fixed. It would work once then not release again. I've taken the panels off and can see that the belt is not twisted. I have let it fully retract. That does nothing to help release it I've had people tell me to soak the locking mechanism with cleaner. That hasn't worked. Is there any trick to force it to release?

3. My front passenger seatbelt wont release. I've allowed it to fully retract. I've taken off panels the belt is not twisted 1997 Mercury Sable