Q: My front passenger door will not unlock.

The front passenger door started giving trouble a couple days ago. It acted like it did not want to lock with key switch and then it would not unlock without being jiggled. Now, it is stuck in the locked position.

A: This problem is most likely due to a door l...

This problem is most likely due to a door latch lock actuator that has seized. You will need to have the door panel removed and the door lock actuator removed to see if the door lock actuator is seized or the latch is binding. The lock actuator is the most common cause and failure and should be replaced. Once the lock actuator is replaced, the door lock mechanism should be checked along with the latch operation.