Q: My Ford Windstar stalls at low speeds.

car running well when started. running well while smooth road at top speed. Car goes off while slow down and move at slow speed. Car running smoothly again at high speed. This goes on and on like that

At lower speeds the throttle plate is closer to being closed and the idle air control valve can be used to make small adjustments to air flow. If the idle air control valve is clogged with carbon or there is a lot of carbon build up around the throttle plate, these things may cause the vehicle to stall at lower engine and vehicles speeds. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your stalling concerns and offer more personal diagnosis as well as an estimate on the proper repairs.

3. My Ford Windstar stalls at low speeds.