Q: My Ford cortina has just cut off while driving and I suspect my points because there is no spark

My Ford cortina has just cut off while driving and I suspect the points and condenser

A: Hi there. On older Ford's, experiencing...

Hi there. On older Ford's, experiencing ignition problems like you're describing is commonly caused by distributor points that are worn out, a cracked distributor cap or the rotor that is worn out. I'd recommend replacing the entire set, (cap, rotor and points) first to see if that clears things up. If not, the next step would be to check your ignition coil, spark plug wires and the plugs themselves.