Q: My exhaust manifold is cracked

Can flooring the gas or driving hard crack the exhaust manifold. Our 23 yr old has been using the car here and there

3. My exhaust manifold is cracked

Q: I was driving my truck and it made this "poof" sound as if something blew. I lost everything--brakes, power steering, and it stalled

Hi, thanks for writing in. It is possible that the "poof" and exhaust smell (rotten gas smell?) both originated from the catalytic converter, and sulfur deposits in the converter. The engine may have backfired through the exhaust, setting off a...

Q: I have a 1965 Ford F100 with a pontiac 455 motor, what would be the pros and cons of 1) straight piping the truck and 2) would I l

Running straight exhaust off of the headers will cause the engine to have no back pressure and can cause cold air to get to the valves along with excessive oxygen and can overheat the headers and valves. It is recommended...

Q: Cummins exhaust brake staying on

Check the DPF filter and see if it's plugged up. A plugged DPF filter will cause the engine exhaust brake to stay on, and the engine light will come on if the filter fully plugged up. If you need further...