Q: My exhaust manifold is cracked

Can flooring the gas or driving hard crack the exhaust manifold. Our 23 yr old has been using the car here and there

3. My exhaust manifold is cracked

Q: Coolant blowing out tailpipe

Hi there. A coolant leak on the these GM vehicles is common due to failures in core plugs. Core plugs are holes where block castings are filled from, and sealed to keep coolant in. I would have a certified mechanic...

Q: Why Is it so Important That a Car Passes Emissions Testing?

Emissions testing provides several very useful functions for our daily lives. The combustion gases that come out of the tailpipes of our vehicles are comprised of carbon monoxide (CO), hydrocarbons (HC), oxides of nitrogen (NOx), carbon dioxide (CO2), and oxygen...

Q: Possible exhaust manifold leak

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The exhaust manifold will make a hissing sound or a ticking sound depending on the leak and how many leaks there are. If possible, get a broom stick and put it against the...