Q: My engine will not turn over.

Two days ago, I noticed my transmission would not shift into higher gears, I believe it was stuck in 2nd/3rd gear. I go to start my Durango today, and the electrical kicks on like the battery is getting power, but my engine will not even attempt to start. No clicks, no sounds, nothing. We checked the battery and starter. Both are good. On my dashboard it looks like my computer is saying the transmission is in Reverse, although it's not. What could this be?

You need to first check both ends of the shift cable, from what you’ve described you may have bad cable ends. This will keep the transmission from going in to the correct gear. Some cables have to be replaced, otherwise you may be able to just replace the cable end bushing. If you need some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile experts can come to your home to diagnose your starting issue firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. My engine will not turn over.