Q: My engine/transmission has a rough/growling when in gear and at acceleration.

My car has a rough/growling vibration when in gear and at acceleration. It lasts a few seconds as I put tranny in reverse/drive from a stop and as I step on the gas pedal to get up to speed. I replaced the u-joints, rebuilt the rear diff bearings and seals, new tranny mount, new engine mounts, new plugs and coil, and lastly a new harmonic balancer. So far nothing has solved the issue. It's not a suspension/steering issue as far as I can tell. All steering components seem to be okay (no loose ball joints, no oil leaks in cv joints, etc).

Hello, thank you for writing in. Everything you have done up to this point has been valid. However, there are still an a high number of possible components that can cause these symptoms. You will want to spend some time considering the possible TSB’s out on the vehicle. Using your VIN, you can search for any known defects with the vehicle, and as long as they are still original (stock) on your car, you can have the dealership replace them. There are a few out for your model and year. With that being said, you addressed the spark possibility, but you should also look into your fuel system and the air intake. From there, it may be worth your time to look into the condition of the transmission and the torque converter. For more help with an inspection or repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My engine/transmission has a rough/growling when in gear and at acceleration.