Q: My engine light is on, why does my car hesitate sometimes when trying to accelerate or after I brake?

My engine light came on a year ago after starting up my car on a normal day. Upon the light turning on my car began to shake like it's about to go out when I started it but did not. It kept shaking a few more times as I continued to drive it to possibly "warm it up" to get it driving, which after a few minutes of accelerating and trying to drive it, the car drove normally. Months later now, when accelerating the car does this hesitation action as if it's not making the right connections, then it goes after a few seconds. It does this now a few times a day the allows me to drive normally. I took it to autozone to have it ran by a computer and it diagnosed some possible misfires, spark plugs or injector fluid issues. Could it be my catalytic converter or my oxygen sensor?

3. My engine light is on, why does my car hesitate sometimes when trying to accelerate or after I brake?