Q: My engine is burning through 10 3 0 high mileage Castro Lutz motor oil.

Hello and thanks forbhelp.I am having trouble with oil burning but not smoking from engine.i had a oil change about six weeks ago and my oil light came on .come to find my dipstick was dry to bottom crosshatch on dipstick.

A: Hello, oil usage of this type could be crea...

Hello, oil usage of this type could be created from internal engine wear (piston rings) - the rings help control the amount of oil in the cylinders, and if the rings wear, they allow oil to be burned in the cylinders. The PVC system allows air to pass through the crankcase; if this is plugged an oil usage condition could be produced. If you'd like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform an Oil level is low Inspection on your vehicle and help you diagnose this issue.