Q: my emergency parking brake is stuck in the up position on my 1998 mark viii

my emergency parking brake in stuck int up position, when I press on it it doesn't stay down.

Hi there. This issue is typically caused by the emergency brake cable or return spring being damaged and needing to be replaced. In some cases, it will be caused by the cable connection to the actual emergency brake pedal. It is probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a parking brake not working inspection to isolate the source of your problem, so the right repairs can be made.

3. my emergency parking brake is stuck in the up position on my 1998 mark viii