Q: My egr code is flashing during my smog test I have driven it about 1000 my check engine is not on

I need my smog test done and all of my codes have been reset except for my egr code I have driven it for about 1000 miles and it still has not reset my check engine light is not on so I don't know what to do

A: I assume you're talking about the emiss...

I assume you're talking about the emissions monitor for the EGR system won't reset. There is no way to force the EGR test to be run, it just needs to be driven under certain circumstances. Even if it does run the test, if there is a problem in the EGR system it will not pass the monitor. This model of Saturn had a common problem with the EGR valve getting clogged up and setting faults. Some people have luck with cleaning the valves, which you can certainly try, but the better fix is to replace the valve. This diagnosis should be confirmed by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.