Q: My driver information center resets itself

I've had this car for about 6 months and it worked fine. Then this week it started resetting the information center. Like average fuel milage, gallons used, etc. Everything but the odometers over all and the two trip. What would cause this? It does not happen every time is start it, but about half. Time the car is turned off does not seem to matter either.

A: Hello. Most of the time when this occurs on...

Hello. Most of the time when this occurs on your vehicle, it is caused by an issue with the battery. If the battery is failing or if there is a bad connection at the battery then this will occur. If the battery is fine, then it may be a failure in the body control module which is the next most common problem. If you are thinking of having this electrical issue looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the problem with the cluster and move forward with repairs.