Q: My Dodge seems to be misfiring

Have just recently done an engine swap on 2002 Dodge Dakota 5.9 liter V8 I have changed plugs wires throttle position sensor camshaft sensor s mass airflow sensors and other sensors that I can't even remember right now at the moment I'm so frustrated so put it where I want it idles really hard up down and it shakes and rattles and Rumbles is running really rich and figure it out any ideas like I said all sensors are new

Hi there:

This situation happens more often than most mechanics would like to admit. However, the first thing I’d check is to see if the ECU was reset or calibrated to this new engine. Even if all the engine parts are identical, it’s always recommended to have the ECU reset before you start the new engine. Other common issues that will cause the misfire may include faulty ignition coil, a spark plug wire or since you’re experiencing a rich situation, a problem with the idle control valve or mass air flow sensor. If you need some assistance, feel free to contact one of our local mechanics to complete an engine is misfiring inspection.