Q: Car stalls while driving 1998 Dodge 2500 5.9L manual transmission vehicle

I am stalling off and on at 50 MPH Is it my Crankshaft position sensor failing also I have noticed some rpm changes. Also where is this component located on my engine

Hello - to directly answer your question, "Yes", a failing crankshaft position sensor can cause stalling while driving, sometimes because of heat-related failure, other failure modes may include a pothole or other jolt while driving. If it does turn on the Check Engine light, extracting the problem codes is very valuable in fixing the right component. There are however other causes of stalling at speed - inadequate fuel supply (fuel pump failure, clogged fuel filter, failing fuel pump relay), or a failing ignition module (heat-related failure). Check for problem codes first, whether Check Engine is illuminated or not - a transient code may be set that would be helpful. Otherwise, I would recommend having a mobile, professional mechanic examine and diagnosis the truck when it fails, to best analyze the cause.

• Car stalls while driving 1998 Dodge 2500 5.9L manual transmission vehicle