Q: "All wheel drive is off"

My dashboard is reading "all Wheels drive off" what does it mean pls?

Hello. The "all wheel drive is off" message is displayed when the all wheel drive mechanism is turned off, possibly due to a fault detected in the all wheel drive system. Some vehicles allow you to manually switch the all wheel drive system on and off, and will display this message if it is turned off. This message can also be displayed if the computer detects a fault with the all wheel drive system, perhaps due to a bad ABS wheel speed sensor or an electrical problem. If there is also a "service AWD system" message displayed, then there retrieving the trouble codes will likely shed some light on what the issue could be. If a service message is indeed displayed, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing the issue, and potentially disabling your AWD system.

Hello. The message you are seeing is displayed when the computer detects an issue with the vehicle’s all wheel drive system, and disables it in order to prevent a malfunction. A common source of this issue is a faulty wheel speed sensor, which the all wheel drive system uses to operate. Other possibilities include electrical wiring problems or a faulty module or computer. This message can also be displayed if the all wheel drive is manually turned off, for vehicles where that is an option. If there is a "service all wheel drive system" message displayed as well then retrieving the trouble codes will likely shed some light on what the issue could be. If a service message is indeed displayed, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be setting off the message, as well as potentially disabling the all wheel drive system. .