Q: My dash lights don't come on but all other lights knobs etc do

My dash backlighting does not come on. All the other lights do. My controls all light up, my dome lights work, the dimmer adjusts the lights that do work. Every once in a blue moon, my dash lights will come on for a day or so and then nothing. Is this a software issue with my chassis computer?

Hello there, a few different faults could cause your 2004 Chevrolet Silverado to have dash lights that do not illuminate. Given than the fault is interment it sounds like an electrical issue. The most common would be a failed dash light bulb, a wiring harness fault, or blown fuse. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your dash lights by performing a vehicle inspection and make any repairs required.

3. My dash lights don't come on but all other lights knobs etc do