Q: My climate control stays on after I've removed the key

I noticed my aftermarket CD player won't turn on and now my climate controller stays on after I take my key out of the ignition. Also the door locks sometimes won't work. Are these all related?

A: Hello there, This is a common fault with yo...

Hello there, This is a common fault with your vehicle as it ages and gets higher milage. These two faults could be related or they may not. The climate control staying on has a few common failures such as a shorted wire to power or a failing climate control unit. The door locks could be many different faults. It would most likely be the door lock actuator, key fob, key fob battery, or security ECU. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the electrical issues you are having and perform any repairs required.