Q: My climate control stays on after I've removed the key

I noticed my aftermarket CD player won't turn on and now my climate controller stays on after I take my key out of the ignition. Also the door locks sometimes won't work. Are these all related?

Hello there, This is a common fault with your vehicle as it ages and gets higher milage. These two faults could be related or they may not. The climate control staying on has a few common failures such as a shorted wire to power or a failing climate control unit. The door locks could be many different faults. It would most likely be the door lock actuator, key fob, key fob battery, or security ECU. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the electrical issues you are having and perform any repairs required.

3. My climate control stays on after I've removed the key