Q: My ck engine light came on & brought car to dealership next am.

Hello Honorio. After bringing my 2008 Honda pilot EXL to the dealership, they informed me that I needed the rear Catalana converter and both oxygen sensors. How do I know that all three need to be replaced?

The evening before when turning the wheel both left and right turns , I heard winding noise. (Unsure if this is related?)

In recent past, I also heard gurgling from the front engine. Mostly upon shutting off the vehicle. (Again, I'm sure if related.)

Upon driving amongst other traffic (typically while stopped at a light) , I occasionally smell fumes but unsure if the smell is actually coming from my vehicle.

Thank you, Mary from Milwaukee

Changing the catalytic converter along with the oxygen sensors is common practice as they work together and the information they provide is most accurate with new parts once part of the system fails. Your check engine light was on and there were fault codes stored in the vehicles computer pertaining to a failure with one of more of the items. Whining noise while turning the wheel may be from the power steering system. If the fluid level gets low, noise may be heard when air is drawn into the pump. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out listen to the noises and look offer the vehicle to offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. My ck engine light came on & brought car to dealership next am.