Q: My cigarette lighter nor my console 12v outlet are working

I first checked the fuse in question and it looked to be in working order. I then proceeded to replace the fuse anyway. Still nothing. Could there be another fuse causing this to happen? The fuse was a 20 amp yellow and it was in cavity 9 in the interior fuse box. Thank you in advance.

A: Hi there. It sounds like a different fuse m...

Hi there. It sounds like a different fuse may be blown. Check slot #18 of the same fuse block to see if that fuse is blown; replace as necessary. I suggest checking the other fuses as well to be sure there are no other blown fuses. Many of today’s cars have multiple fuses for the power outlets. When one of these outlets stop working, I check all the related fuses. After that, I suspect the power adapter; these have an internal fuse as well that can blow. Sometimes the power adapters or components we are using are faulty. One sure way to test this is check the output voltage of the outlets with a digital volt/ohm meter. If the outlets have supply voltage available, then this eliminates the outlet and its circuit being at fault. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a power outlet is not working inspection.