Q: My check engine light is on , and my truck has been sputtering every so often . It has also starting to have hard time starting

My check engine light is on , and lately has had hard starting issues. It also sputtered not while idleing but when I'm going and not all the time , but it is getting more frequent. 2004 Chevy Silverado 4.3 liter V- 6.

The check engine light on should set a fault code in the system. That should be checked to find out which direction to take. You can have an ignition misfire due to a bad coil or even worn spark plugs. There can also be a fuel system issue. One or more injectors may be clogged or failing. Improper spark or incorrect amounts of fuel can cause misfiring, sputtering, low power, and even hard starting. On a cold start, the engine needs more fuel to start and run smoothly for the first few minutes.

3. My check engine light is on , and my truck has been sputtering every so often . It has also starting to have hard time starting