Q: My CEL comes on for a day goes off for a day whats that mean? 2010 Honda Accord

My CEL light comes on for a day or so then stays off for a few hours up to a day...It's not blinking. I had the o2 senor changed.. I have been told it could be a many of things from sparks to a converter.

Hi there - check for the problem codes that are turning your Check Engine light on first. Most auto parts stores will do this for you for free on a "time-available" basis. There are many conditions that "come and go" with driving cycles, a failing oxygen sensor for example. But, you won’t know for sure until you see what problem codes exist. If you need a mechanic to come to you, I recommend a Check Engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• My CEL comes on for a day goes off for a day whats that mean? 2010 Honda Accord