Q: my cat stereo system shut down.

I was in my car with my cousin and she tried to plug in her phone into the car, when she was trying to plug it in, the whole stereo system shut down. I don't know what happened at all
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: It may simply be a blown fuse. Oftentimes, ...

It may simply be a blown fuse. Oftentimes, constant plugging and unplugging power cords into the cigarette lighter or power port causes the tabs in the socket to be bent out of place. When you plug in your charger, it may have blown the fuse.

Locate your fuse panel(s) and check the owner's manual for fuse locations. Check for the cigarette lighter / power port and radio fuse locations. They may be on the same, or separate fuses. Replace any blown fuses.

Note: some stereos have another fuse mounted directly to the rear of the radio, requiring removal of the radio to check and/or replace it.

Recommended services
Get a Quote