Q: My cars tempature fluctuates

So my temp gauge fluctuates its goes a little above half and sometimes up to 3/4 but it always comes back down to normal we have flushed the radiator thinking it was just clogged and put in more antifreeze but it keeps doing it. Was wanting suggestions on what it could be.

Hi! What I would do as a technician includes the following. A thorough visual inspection underhood of everything that could affect cooling system performance. Next I would verify that the temperature gauge in the instrument cluster is reliable and accurate. This is done using a non-contact infrared temp sensing tool to take a reading at the thermostat housing.

I would also use a scan tool to review what the computer is "seeing" to be sure it is getting accurate temperature data from the engine coolant temperature sensor (ECT). I would verify that coolant level is full, no trapped air in system, and the radiator cap passes a pressure test. I would verify normal fan operation at the correct temperature. Based on the results of all that we can come up with a diagnosis and repair it. Your Aveo may have a sticking thermostat.