Q: My cars rpms shot up to 7000 when started! Seemed possessed. I cut engine, started again, same thing. I tried letting out clutc

It seemed possessed! Way too high. I cut engine. Happened a second time. Im afraid to try again. Waited a day. Do I try again or have it towed????

The first thing to check is to look at your gas pedal to see if the carpet mat is holding the pedal down. If it is then secure it away from the pedal. If the throttle is not held open then you should have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and find out the reason the throttle is held open and why the rev limiter is not limiting the throttle but that may be due to the manual transmission. The throttle could be held open and mechanically binding open. The mechanic would be able to determine the cause of the issue. Do not try and drive it as it is unsafe to drive this way.

3. My cars rpms shot up to 7000 when started! Seemed possessed. I cut engine, started again, same thing. I tried letting out clutc