Q: My cars battery keeps dying while i'm driving about 70mph??

Hello my name is Juan & i own an 01 civic ex coupe 5speed Standard Transmission with a d17a2. This always happens to me when i'm on the highway/freeway but as i'm going about 70mph(usually 3.5k rpm) my battery light will flicker then flash then stays on. Then ABS light goes on then SRS as if my battery is dying while driving. My headlight will dim and then all guages on my dashboard(rpms, speedometer, gas & temp gauge) will turn off but my engine is still running strong. Thing is, once i out it into nuetral everything turn back on including all my dashboard items i just listed plus the battery light goes away. Like as if when in nuetral its charging my battery but when in high rpm its draining. Never does this on the streets(usually) and always starts right up when i leave my house or work. Pleeeeease help me i get nervous on the highway thinking my cooling system wont work while everythings dead.

Try and rev your engine, without moving, to 3500 RPMs and see if the light flickers. If it does, then you most likely have a bad alternator. It may have bad internal brushes or rotor which calls for a replacement.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider contacting a certified technician who can diagnose your battery issues firsthand. If the alternator is proven to be faulty, they will be able to replace it at your own convenience. Good luck.