Q: my care will not start and my mechanic told me it is a wiring problem. Is this true?

been car has been with my mechanic for over two weeks. It will not start unless you charge the battery for at least an hour. The if you cut it off, it will not start. My mechanic says this is a wiring issue. He says he has ordered the part but the order is backed up. Is wiring the problem and can the order be backed up, like he said?

A: Yes. Both of these conditions can be true. ...

Yes. Both of these conditions can be true. I know that it is sometimes hard to trust the guy on the other side of the counter. The reality is most of the time a mechanic is not attempting to rip you off. He may not be able to articulate things well enough to help you feel comfortable, but this is a customer service issue the majority of the time. From what you described, it's very possible that wiring is the cause of the problem.

The reality is, you have an older Mercedes that is harder to get parts for. I have had parts for German cars shipped all the way from Germany so I can repair a customers car. I will add, if you don't trust the mechanic you are with, find one you do trust. This relationship is very important. Here at YourMechanic, our goal is to earn your trust so you feel comfortable with your repair.

I recommend having a certified technician from YourMechanic inspect your car's starting issues if you still don't feel your present mechanic is doing the right thing for you.