Q: my car wont start the battery

is charged all the electrics work except the radio I jumpstarted it yesterday but as soon as turned of my car wont start all electrics working except radio i jumpstarted it yesterday but as soon as stopped wont turn on again

A: Hello, It sounds like you may have somethi...

Hello, It sounds like you may have something wrong in terms of a fuel supply issue. Since the car started once, generally this means it does have spark and that there are not ignition problems preventing it from firing. It may still however have misfires once it starts.

In the case of a fuel delivery problem, this may be related to low fuel pressure, faulty or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty or dirty idle air control valve (this relays information about air intake to the computer which makes fuel adjustments), or potentially a faulty fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump. Fuel delivery problems will typically not allow the proper amount of fuel to be delivered to the cylinders which results in a lean fuel condition which can cause backfiring or simply cause the motor not to start as a result of fuel starvation. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

A: Hello there, without knowing your vehicles ...

Hello there, without knowing your vehicles make and model I can only offer general advice. The first place to check is to have the battery load tested. The battery may be charged but not have the capacity to start the vehicle, the load test will detect this. If the battery passes the load test then there are a variety of other potential faults such as the starter, fuel pump, battery cables, ignition switch or a clogged fuel filter. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your no start condition and make any repairs required.