Q: My car wont start.

When I try and start my car the key doesn't click like it usually would when you turn the power on. When I remove the keys and shut the door the cars power stays on. I don't know what the answer or solution is. Please help

Hello. We will be happy to assist you. It sounds like you have a common failure, a faulty ignition switch or lock cylinder. Both the ignition switch and lock cylinder have four positions, Off, On, Accessory, and Start. Each position should make a click when put into place except for the start position. The key should spring back to the accessory position after the start position is reached. There must be something broken internally with your ignition switch or lock cylinder which is why the power is staying on. I suggest that you have a technician inspect your vehicles ignition system. Your are able to find a technician and schedule an appointment here https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection