Q: My car wont start

i have got myself a Mercedes E300TD tat stopped running i February and the abs asr bas and handbarke light came on, there was -12C/10,4F that night when it stopped running. i hope you can help me. Ps it is an european model

Hello. If your diesel engine stopped running in extremely cold weather, then I would check the glow plugs. If the glow plugs are bad, the motor will have trouble starting, especially in cold weather.

In regards to your brake system lights coming on, those usually come on when an issue is detected with the vehicle’s ABS or traction control system. The computer can be scanned to see if there are any brake related trouble codes. Usually the ABS light issues will deactivate the vehicle’s ABS system, however, the regular braking system should still work, and stop the vehicle safely. I suggest that you enlist the help a certified mechanic to diagnose your starting issue and pinpoint exactly what is happening to your car.

3. My car wont start