Q: My car wont shift out of drive but the gear shifter is moving.

I was driving home i pull up in a parking put my car on park and try to take out the key, the key wassnt coming out and thats when i realized my car was still moving so i put the hand brake tried to shift gears back and forth the gear shifter is moving very easily but everytime i release the emergency brake my car starts rolling and i cant start the car either anymore since the car isnt going on park or neutral but my key is now coming out fine? Whats wrong?

Hello. It is likely an issue with your shift linkage which connects your gear shift to the transmission. Some parts of the shift linkage are made of plastic which the components break or pop off making replacement or reassembly required. I suggest you have your vehicle evaluated by technician to check your shift linkage condition. You are able to find a technician and schedule an appointment for your vehicle here. https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-does-not-shift-from-park-to-drive-inspection