Q: my car wont go into gear

i have a 1996 Honda accord ex, I've completely lost 1st and 3rd gear, its a manual trans, I still have 2nd 4th and reverse. When i try to go into 1st or third it just never engages, just revs, wont stall, just wont move

It sounds like something mechanical has broken inside your transmission or shifter assembly. In order to determine what has broken it is likely that the transmission will need to be removed from the vehicle and disassembled. Once the transmission has been disassembled, it should be quite obvious to the qualified professional what has happened. Once the broken part has been verified, it can be replaced as the transmission is going back together and the issue should be resolved.

3. my car wont go into gear