Q: My Car Won't Turn Over. What Is The Problem?

My Car Stopped Turning Over. There's No Sound When I Turn The Ignition Just A Very Slight Click Sound.

Hello. Thank you for writing in. To start, have you tried jump starting the vehicle? The clicking you are hearing is the starter trying to engage, but not being able to. This is either because the starter has failed, is in the process of, or the battery is dead. The first thing to do is jump start the vehicle. If this doesn’t work, then chances are you need to replace the starter. You may have the starter bench tested, but keep in mind most of the bench test machines can give you a false positive. Even if it tests to be ok, it still may not be strong enough to push over the engine.

3. My Car Won't Turn Over. What Is The Problem?